Thursday, July 9, 2009

Updates....

I just wanted to fill everyone in on how our summer has been going. Well, it has been flying! We have had a great time swimming, park dates, riding bikes and fireworks. I need to try to be better at posting pictures.

Lauren went to church camp and was gone overnight for 3 days! She did great and had a blast!! We did ok too because our children's pastor at church was her counselor!!!!

Alex is getting ready for Kindergarten and is a fish in the water. Next week he goes to Football Camp and he is very excited.

Claire is potty-trained!!! Do you hear the choir singing? I do!! She just decided to do it! So I am on a hiatus from changing diapers until brother comes home...

Which leads me to adoption news. We are still working on getting papers gathered and everything has to be notarized. We just started our homestudy. I had to answer 55 questions about myself...NOT FUN!! I think it was one of the hardest papers I have wrote and I had to do a lot of papers in college. Anyway, things are moving along good and we have not had any hiccups so far. Tomorrow we have are doctors appts and that will be the last major letter we need beside the homestudy!!! I am prayerful that our Dossier to Ethiopia (DTE) will be sometime in the late fall. Then we wait!!!! God has been opening doors and faithfully watching over us every step of the way! Thank you Jesus!!

Till later...

1 comments:

Teresa said...

Congrats on Claire being potty trained ~ enjoy your hiatus from diapers...for now:) Great job on all your paper work ~ that is GREAT!! I'm thrilled you have not had any hiccups...if you do, remember it's just all part of God's perfect timing to bring you to your baby boy ~ it will all come together perfectly:)